Sunday, March 8, 2009

How do you know?

At what point do you realize that you truly do love what you do in life? I know that as a photographer I truly love what I do. Not to mention being a wedding photographer on top of it all. 


And yesterday March 7th - 2009 was no different. It was, with out a doubt, the nicest day of 2009 thus far. The sun was out, the temperature was up and there was just an energy to the day. Probably much like the honey bees when it's finally warm enough to emerge from the hive and they buzz around free... ???


And this day, there was a different energy in the mix. It was Christine and Jonathans day. And there's a quote that I have enjoyed for so long... "A Misty Morning Does Not Signify A Cloudy Day"... I think there are a few certain individuals that will know why I'm throwing that quote in the mix...




The day really was great. The small church that made it possible for everyones spirits to intermingle and energy to dance around as they said their "i do's"... And learned about what a box of crayons can truly mean when looked at in the proper light. Really like the colours in every part of our lives.



And from the ceremony through the reception, spirits where held high! Smiles were EVERYWHERE! Voices were singing and feet were dancing. I must say, the DJ (HG Entertainment) did a pretty good job at keeping up with the requests and not letting the party go in different directions. Music is such a great thing in our lives! 



Of course there was the venue itself. The Woodwinds. There are certain venues that can be rather pushy, trying to dictate how your day should go. Trying to lead the other vendors through the evening and just about telling them what their job should be, there are venues that will throw you out at the exact hour on the minute and worse. Well, Scott, over at the woodwinds made  sure that none of that was the case. 



Sure, Scott made sure things rolled along, and everyone was kept happy but not once did I notice him being pushy, he kept a light feeling in the room and for that, I commend him....



Other than that, it was a great evening! From some Mallowmars (great little cookies) to some proud parents to a bridesmaid and another guest putting on a production through one song that was just about worth an oscar!



I guess when I ask "at what point do you know that you love what you do" it's because I know that I love what I do. I love capturing those images that will help others look back and bring in some memories... From their wedding day, to their new born, their youth or their furry friends...



I'm not sure I realized at any certain point that I truly love what I do, but I can be sure of one thing, each and every wedding and portrait session I shoot brings back the realization...



That I love what I do....

No comments: