Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Painted Dogs Are Coming


It's been a bit longer than normal for stopping in to blog. Sorry about that. But it's all good. I'll be coming back around a bit more frequently to share thoughts and pics. I have more thoughts than I am ready to throw out there at the moment. Thoughts about change, life, the past, the future and the present. About health, the world, you and your choices. Though right now, I'm sharing a great new adventure for the coming few weeks. 

I'm sharing "Sunshine Daydream". Sunshine Daydream is a wonderful little pup. He has come to life to serve as part of a fundraiser to the Windsor Educational Foundation.

His future is set to be bright, colourful and filled with love, life and positive energy. Currently, yes, he sits as you see him below. A white figure, yet still smiling. From here, he will slowly morph into an altered state. He will become "Sunshine Daydream"...

Submitted with many other entries to the Windsor Education Fund by so many talented artists for their Paws for a Cause. I was so excited to hear that one of my entries was accepted and that I would be painting a dog. Not to mention all of the meaning behind him. His design came about after Pippin was struck by a car. Pippin, if you haven't read before with in the blog, broke his hip in two spots, his lower jaw, many staples in his shoulder, bruised heart and punctured lungs. But still kept that unconditional love and strength deep with in to pull through such a tough time. And not only pull through but for the most part, to a full recovery. And what you will see transform comes from Pippin, from the love of life that he has, the energy to run, chase his ball, lick the peanut butter and more. For bright and colourful days. That's what Sunshine Daydream is all about!!!!


Sometimes when the evenings young, 
The wind dies down the setting sun, 
crochet's the clouds with yarn so fine, 
and fills the ocean with red wine, 
I see the sky, the forest fair, 
bringing flavor to the air. 
I raised my glass and in a while, 
you answered with a secret smile.

No comments: