Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Leave the worries...

I have a post that I just feel as if it needs to be posted. A while back I was lucky enough to meet up with some great people. A good friend, Beth Jannery ( http://www.bethjannery.com/ ) had a great place available on the water here in Ct. A nice place where she held a fun gathering of great minds. I was lucky enough to be one of those invited. Upon entering, it was like a new world. Just a place where nothing else mattered. I bring myself back there (mentally) quite often. I also have other places I can head to (physically)  when I need to just be in a place where nothing else matters.


Toward the end of this post you'll see what I had written and shared on the private island evening. It really hit the point then and still does now. What it all means is that we need a place. Each and every one of us needs a place to just get away. Be it physically or mentally. Through art, through reading, through music, through vacations, through yoga, through meditation and many other ways. Being a new year, maybe it's time for you to find that place for you? A place where you can just be... Have you ever really just "been"? If not, maybe you should try it for a while. :o) Find a place, a thing, something you can do that will let you just be. Where you can leave your worries at the gate....


From the evening.

Leave Your Worries At The Gate.....

What if I told you there was a place where you got to leave your worries at the gate? Would you believe me? Would you go? Could you do it, leave your worries at the gate?

This place does exist! And what a place it is! Sure, getting there may not always be easy, and leaving may be harder, but worth every second it is!!!

The smiles, the laughs, the cold water and "empty holes"....

The chill in the air or the fire to which we stare. The stories, the words, the pictures. Different souls with their own energy making this place what it is. A hidden secret, where water rolls a shore, the drive is long and narrow, and where you leave your worries at the gate.... 12/8/2007


It's hard to imagine that it was more than two years ago! And while some of what is written above can truly only be understood by visiting this place, well, that's not really where I was going with this. It was really just more about finding a place where you can leave your worries... At the gate.

No comments: