Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lost and Found...

Just over a week ago something was lost... It's a something that will never nor can never be replaced. The sounds of his feet running toward me as I walk in the door, his nails sliding on the hard wood floor. His energy at my feet while I work, or his head on my lap while I, well, don't... His love, his bark, his crazy energy that would bolt from one room to the next. As someone perfectly put it, he did not walk, he pranced. Because he did! 



It's with the great sadness that I have to say that on 4/28/2010, a day after the post below, we lost our Pippin. We lost the furry craziness running from room to room, we lost noble prance of the greatest pup, and we lost one of our loves! 



With this loss, we have found the memories. We've found those moments that we will NEVER forget. Him and his tennis ball, always being at your feet, wanting love and ready to give love at any moment... 



Those memories, those great times and that awesome unconditional love is what life is all about. It's what brings us close to others, it's what ties us with a bond to the ones we love. Knowing that they could be gone at any moment, it's today that we need to do the best things we can for them. It's today we need to give them that hug... Human or not. It's today we need to let them know that we love them! And by today I mean today and every today after... 


It's the greatest thing we have to give.... Love...

No comments: