Friday, October 17, 2008

Updates All Around...

First off, I want to again thank everyone that kept Pippin the wonder dog in their thoughts. Somehow he is pulling through from such an awful ordeal. Watching him get hit by the speeding car was so awful but still nothing compared to the pain he has gone through each and every day since then. He WILL be pulling through and is showing such great signs of recovery. We all skimmed by the hip surgery as long as he stays on "bed rest". How you keep a corgi on bed rest I'm not sure. His mouth has or is healing up great and his staples are out, bruising is gone, lungs are great and the only thing remaining is his hip fractures which should heal up "fine". Again, as long as he stays on bed rest. There is no climbing stairs for him, or playing fetch... Which is tough because we all know that a tennis ball and pipping go hand in hand. Or really ball in mouth....


Everything else, gosh... Almost too good! I can honestly say that when I set the photography goal for 2008 I didn't think I would surpass it this much. I can not complain at all. And it sounds odd but I love what I do even more. Call me a wedding photographer, a portrait photographer, a pet photographer or more. What ever, it doesn't really matter to me. What matters is that I just get to keep shooting people. That also brings me around to another idea I'm working on. TAB Photographic T-shirts!!! Fun ones. Logo, with a quote and website below. I'm thinking the quote will read either "I'm paid to shoot people and I love what I do".... Or just "paid to shoot people daily and love it!" Any thoughts? Any other ideas? I'm open....

Other things. Oh boy... First off, working on a new blog for my town... Collinsville! Local support is where it's at. Other blog that will be happening will revolve around farmington artists... Maybe I'm taking on too much? I don't know. What I do know is that I want to support local people, artists and businesses and figure this is all just another way.

And last but not least is the store front I'm STILL trying to get into. Now the owner of the building has passed along the task of finding a tenant for the spot. He passed it along to a business owner along side the empty space and all she's trying to do is benefit herself and not thinking about what the town would enjoy, or what others would like... Maybe I'm being selfish thinking that she just needs to give it up... I don't know. Frustrating when all I want to do is stay local and support the town... Not looking as if that will happen. It is what it is.

For now, shine on!

No comments: